1.) Concept maps are a great way to help students grasp a concept. They are especially helpful when it comes to studying. It's a great way to break down information and see how it all connects together. Programs like Inspiration are good tools for students to learn how to make colorful and easy to follow concept maps. There is also something to bed said for doing this free hand however. As a student myself writing things free hand definitely helps cement it into my head. So I would teach students how to first brainstorm with a free hand concept map, and then set it into order by using a program like inspiration.
2.) Like I said before mapping things out can be a great way to better grasp a subject and really implant it into your brain. I love the idea of using story boards. I would like to someday teach writing courses, and story boarding is definitely helpful in this aspect. It's great to get your ideas out of your head and in some visible order before actual starting on a project or story.
3.) Learning how to use MS word more fluently has definitely been helpful already. Also, learning some good tips on evaluating the content of a web page will definitely be helpful in the future when looking for sources to beef up lessons.
Blog Journal #10 prompts
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment