- As a student I have had much experience using MS word. Almost every class one takes as a college student involves some form of writing and turning in this writing to teachers, whether it be essays, journals, reading responses, etc. And so throughout my years in college I have used MS word to help me to complete these assignments. I've been able to use this program to not only write out my papers, but format them properly according to MLA guidelines, or my teacher's personal preferences. I have seen teachers utilize MS word to write out syllabuses and handouts, and in some classes my teachers have demonstrated how they want a paper to be put together by displaying MS word on the overhead and going through the steps in class.
- I had teachers who used MS word to create handouts that involved pictures and descriptions for everyone in the class. I thought this was a good use of Word's ability to allow you to use pictures and text, and as a student and a visual learner this helped me in studying and grasping the lesson.
- Well I learned how to put together a test on MS Word, which is a very important thing to be able to do as a teacher. This course has helped me in learning how to navigate through processes quicker with the use of shortcut keys which is important when doing things in class, you don't want to be taking so long to preform a task that you lose the attention of your students. And it introduced me to Jing, which seems like a very useful program!
Blog Journal #10 prompts
16 years ago
I agreee with you- jing is VERY useful and fun to have.
ReplyDeleteYou brought up a wonderful point about how the program will cite the sources correctly if you just put the information in. This is extremely helpful because every source type is different and the program will do it for you!
ReplyDelete