Sunday, November 22, 2009

blog post #8

My group is doing our final project on poetry for 6th grade students. A webquest could provide the students with information and to use in a task such as creating a chart to categorize major poets with their styles. You could set up a scenario in which the student is a poet in a certain time frame. Provide them with information about literature and poets of this time, and have them create a summary of what style they would write in as a poet of that era and who their major influences would be from the existing poets of the time.

I found this WebQuest that deals with the stages leading up to genocide and the steps you can take in each stage to stop the process. I thought this was really interesting because it's dealing with a really tough topic in a very real way. It's about learning what happens so that you can learn to prevent.

I thought WebQuests were really interested, I had never heard of these, and they are definitely useful and fun tools to get students really involved in a lesson. It's been interesting putting together all the things I've learned in the class so far to create this final project. It's neat to start to look at all these tools as things that can be used together to create a lesson, rather than just individual things on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment